Monday, August 20, 2007

"This is JetAA right? I thought we'd be talking about sushi and NOT drinking..."

ACTUAL JET-RELATED NEWS ON YATSRAD!?!?!?

Yesterday I swung by Jet Region 9's Alumni group to visit a dude I knew from Kumamoto City. It was rather interesting. Region 9 (no nickname yet... I suggested 'Flyovers') incorporates Texas and Oklahoma. Apparently they ARE big on sending Texans to Kyushu, as I know a number of them who went.

The meeting was, well, a meeting. It was run like a board meeting, replete with votes and amendments. I was quite impressed by the official nature of it, and it was interesting to see ex-JETs take an interest in the process besides the usual 'YAY I WENT TO JAPAN AND SAW B00BS!'*

Anyway, if you're interested, you can visit them here.

(* = It occasionally DOES happen, but let's face it, I'm the only guy in the world who moved to Japan to not meet women.)

After that I went to dinner with some friends of mine... kinda pissed. Things didn't go well, and it certainly wasn't on our side of the restaurant, if you dig my swing. How would one forget an entree for 30 minutes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home