Sunday, October 15, 2006

The power of geekery...

Wow, I really busted a geek stitch this week. Went to Akihabara twice, Mandarake in Shibuya once, and then to both the Jigoku Shoujo 'meido cafe'* and the Parco new anime exhibit, where I got to scope out the new series from tons of companies. All of the old standbys were there of course, such as Gainax, Bandai Visual, Production IG, and Gonzo. All and all, there was some pretty cool stuff there that I look forward to watching when it comes out. '

I've got some good purchases lined up for my regular customers and I'm happy about that.

Anyway, you should entertain yourself by checking out the Freedom Project, which was apparently created by Akira mastermind Katsuhiro Otomo. Dig it here.

* = This is a joke on 'Maid Cafes' as well as Jigoku Shoujo. "Meido" means hell or Hades, and "Jigoku Shoujo" translates as 'Hell Girl.' So you get all the fun of a maid cafe, but centered around a demon that takes your soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home